The Copa America 2021 will be the 47th edition of the Copa America , the international men’s football championship organized by South America’s football ruling body CONMEBOL. The tournament will take place in Colombia and Argentina from 11 June to 10 July 2021. This will mark the first time it will be hosted by more than one country since 1983, when it was played in a home–away basis, and the first time in two countries.
In March 2017, CONMEBOL reportedly proposed that the Copa América take place in 2020 as part of a calendar change. Following the 2019 edition in Brazil, the quadrennial tournament would move from odd to even years starting in 2020, with the following edition taking place in Ecuador in 2024. This would move the tournament in line with the UEFA European Championship, which is also held in even years with a 2020 edition taking place. Reports suggested that the United States may host the tournament, having previously held the one-off Copa América Centenario in 2016, which celebrated the centenary of CONMEBOL and the Copa América. On 18 September 2018, plans for a calendar change were confirmed by CONMEBOL president Alejandro Domínguez after submitting an official request to FIFA.
In June 2019, the CONMEBOL Council officially approved the participation of Australia and Qatar as the two invited teams, who were the previous two winners of the AFC Asian Cup. Australia would be making their debut appearance in the Copa América, while Qatar would be making their second appearance, having participated in the previous edition. copa america 2021 group.
The full original schedule and kick-off times for the tournament were announced on 3 December 2019 and 4 March 2020 respectively. the tournament was postponed until 2021 and the new schedule with several modifications was announced on 13 August 2020
If Copa America 2021 app is helpful please rate us.
Disclaimer: All images are copyright of their perspective owners. All images in the app are available on public domains. This image is not endorsed by any of the prospective owners, and the images are used simply for aesthetic purposes. No copyright infringement is intended, and any request to remove one of the images/logos/names will be honoured.
Copa America 2021 groups
Group A: Argentina, Bolivia, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay
Group B: Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru
Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, and Chile are the favourites of the tournament. Argentina, which has lost too many finals in the last few years, will be hoping to do it this time. Despite having the superstar Lionel Messi, Argentina lost the 2014 World Cup. Then it lost in the Copa America final in 2015, 2016, and finished third in the 2019 edition. However, Argentina is the second most successful team in the tournament with 14 titles, just one behind Uruguay’s 15. Argentina’s biggest rival Brazil has 9 titles. Chile have two titles, both won after defeating Argentina in the finals of 2015 and 2016 edition.
Format of Copa America 2021
The top four teams from each group will qualify for the quarterfinals after the group stages matches. The quarterfinals of Copa America will be a knock-out affair and the winners will qualify for semifinals. The winner of semis will play the final on July 11, 2021.
Opening match of the tournament?
The opening match of Copa America 2021 will be played between Brazil and Venezuela in Brasilia on June 14 at 2:30 AM (IST).
Copa America 2021 live broadcast in India
Sony Sports Network will live broadcast Copa America’s matches on its four channels, namely Sony Six, Sony Ten 1, Sony Ten 3, Sony Ten 4, in India.
Copa America 2021 live streaming in India
Sony LIV will live stream Copa America matches on its app and website.
How to watch Copa America live match for free in India?
Fans can also watch the match on JIO TV.
Copa America 2021 match date and timings in Indian Standard Time
Copa America full schedule list
Copa America group stage schedule-
- Match 1: Brazil vs Venezuela, Group B at Brasilia on June 14 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 2: Colombia vs Ecuador, Group B at Cuiaba on June 14 (5:30 AM IST)
- Match 3: Argentina vs Chile (Group A) at Rio de Janeiro on June 15 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 4: Paraguay vs Bolivia (Group A) at Goiania on June 15 (5:30 AM IST)
- Match 5: Colombia vs Venezuela (Group B) at Goiania on June 18 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 6: Brazil vs Peru (Group B) at Rio de Janeiro on June 18 (5:30 AM IST)
- Match 7: Chile vs Bolivia (Group A) at Cuiaba on June 19 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 8: Argentina vs Uruguay (Group A) Brasilia on June 19 (5:30 AM IST)
- Match 9: Venezuela vs Ecuador (Group B) at Rio de Janeiro on June 21 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 10: Colombia vs Peru (Group B) at Goiania on June 21 (5:30 AM IST)
- Match 11: Uruguay vs Chile (Group A) at Cuiaba on June 22 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 12: Argentina vs Paraguay (Group A) at Brasilia on June 22 (5:30 AM IST)
- Match 13: Ecuador vs Peru (Group B) at Goiania on June 24 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 14: Brazil vs Colombia (Group B) at Rio de Janeiro on June 24 (5:30 AM IST)
- Match 15: Bolivia vs Uruguay (Group A) at Cuiaba on June 25 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 16: Chile vs Paraguay (Group A) at Brasilia on June 25 (5:30 AM IST)
- Match 17: Ecuador vs Brazil (Group B) at Goiania on June 28 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 18: Venezuela vs Peru (Group B) at Brasilia on June 28 (5:30 AM IST)
- Match 19: Uruguay vs Paraguay (Group A) at Rio de Janeiro on June 29 (2:30 AM IST)
- Match 20: Bolivia vs Argentina (Group A) at Cuiaba on June 29 (5:30 AM IST)
Copa America 2021 Quarter-finals schedule
July 3: No. 2 Group A vs. No. 3 Group B – 4:30 AM IST
June 4: No. 1 Group A vs. No. 4 Group B – 4:30 AM IST
July 5: No. 2 Group B vs. No. 3 Group A – 3:30 AM IST
July 5: No. 1 Group B vs. No. 4 Group A – 6:30 AM IST
Copa America Semi-finals
July 7, QF 1 Winner vs QF 2 winner – 4:30 AM IST
July 8, QF 3 Winner vs QF 4 winner – 6:30 AM IST
July 11: Semi-final 1 loser vs Semi-final 2 loser – 3:30 AM IST
July 11: SF 1 Winner vs SF 2 Winner – 5:30 AM IST