Mysore Palace is a historical royal palace and royal palace in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the residence of the Wodeyar dynasty and is the seat of the Kingdom of Mysore. The palace is in the center of Mysore and faces the Chamundi hills in the east. Mysore is generally referred to as the ‘City of Palaces’, which includes seven palaces; However, the ‘Mysore Palace’ refers specifically to the old fort.
Location within Karnataka
Town or city
12.3039 ° N 76.6547 ° E.
Government of Karnataka
Construction has begun
Design and construction
Royal seat of the great kings of Mysore
The place where the palace now stands was originally known as Puragiri (literally, the Citadel) and is now known as the Old Fort. In the 14th century, the first palace inside the old fort was built by the Yaduraya, which was demolished several times. The present structure dates back to 1897 and 1912 after the burning of the old palace
With more than 6 million annual visitors, the Mysore Palace is now one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. 
The last palace, now known as the Old Palace or Wooden Palace, was burned to ashes during the 1896 Dasara Festival. Maharaja Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV and her mother Maharani Kempananjammani Devi commissioned British architect Henry Irvine to build the new palace.  Meanwhile, the royal family lived near the Jagan Mohan palace. He is the Executive Engineer of the Mysore Palace Division. P. The construction was supervised by Raghavulu Naidu. During his visits to Delhi, Madras and Calcutta, he conducted extensive architectural studies. These were used for the planning of the new palace. The construction cost was completed in 1912 at a cost of 41 41,47,913 (roughly $ 30 million in line with inflation).  
During the reign of Maharaja Jayachamarajendra Wadiyar, the palace was further expanded by 1930 (including the present Public Darbar Hall section). Although the construction was completed in 1912, the castle continued to be beautiful and slowly moved its inhabitants to new extensions built from the palace.
The architectural style of the palace domes, commonly referred to as Indo-Saracenic, is a mixture of Hindu, Mughal, Rajput and Gothic styles. It is a three storey stone structure with marble domes. There is a 145 feet five-storey tower. There is a large garden around the palace. The entrance and arch of the Mysore kingdom has the emblem and cloak on it, and the inscription of the kingdom around it is inscribed in Sanskrit: “बिभॆति बिभॆति (” (never fear).
The main complex is 245 feet long and 156 feet wide. There are fire extinguishers in all parts of the palace to prevent fires.  The palace has three entrances: East Gate (Front Gate, open only for Dussehra and Guests), South Entrance (for the public) and Western Gate (usually open only during Dasara).
The three-story stone building of gray granite with deep pink marble domes has several wide arches and two smaller buildings with a central arch, which has tall pillars. Above the central arch is a statue of Gajalakshmi, the goddess of wealth, prosperity, luck and prosperity with elephants. There are three main temple buildings inside the old fort and 18 palaces inside the Palace Heart building. The palace was built near the headquarters of the Parakkala Math, where the leaders of the Mysore kings (royal tutor and guide) continued. The kings of Mysore were devotees of the goddess Chamundi, so the palace faces the Chamundi hills. 
The palace has two durbar halls (the royal court’s ceremonial meeting halls) and includes courtyards, gardens and buildings.