Internet Live Stats – Internet Usage & Social Media Statistics

Web Hosting/Website Statistics and Facts 2019

  • As of December 2018, there are approximately 1.94 billion websites in the world.
  • The world’s first website was published on August 6, 1991, by British physicist Tim Berners-Lee.
  • 51.8 percent of all Internet traffic comes from bots, while only 48.2 percent of internet traffic comes from humans.
  • Google is the world’s most visited website, followed by Youtube and Facebook. Chinese search engine Baidu is the world’s fourth most visited website.
  • With a 59.7 percent market share and about 22.6 million active sites, WordPress is the world’s number one CMS. It hosts sites like The New York TimesForbes and even the Facebook Blog.
  • Over 90,000 websites are hacked every day.
  • WordPress is the most hacked CMS — with 83 percent of hacked websites using the WordPress platform.

E-Commerce and Conversion Statistics 2019

  • The e-commerce industry will be responsible for about $3.45 trillion in sales in 2019.
  • For every $92 spent on generating traffic and getting customers, only $1 is spent on converting these customers.
  • Only 35 percent of shoppers are willing to pay for delivery on online orders at all. The remaining 65 percent are unwilling to pay for shipping on online orders.
  • $0.56 of every dollar spent in an offline store is influenced by a digital interaction.
  • Only 22 percent of businesses are satisfied with their conversion rates.
  • Men spend 28 percent more money online than women.
  • People spend an average of 5 hours per week shopping online.
  • 95 percent of Americans shop online at least yearly.
  • Price determines where 87 percent of Americans shop. Shipping cost and delivery speed determine where 80 percent shop and availability of discount offers to determine where 71 percent shop.
  • Being in the first position in Google will result in a click-through rate of 34.36 percent for desktop computers and a click-through rate of 31.35 percent for mobile devices.
  • Businesses that calculate ROI are more likely to have an effective marketing strategy — up to 72 percent.
  • More than 615 million devices worldwide have an ad blocker installed.
  • 80 percent of adults in North America use at least one ad-blocking method. 50 percent of North American adults use at least two ad-blocking methods.
  • 90 percent of mobile devices with ad-blockers are located in Asia.
There are 4.1 billion Internet users in the world as of December 2018. This is compared to 3.9 billion Internet users in mid-2018 and about 3.7 billion Internet users in late 2017.Asia has the most Internet users of all continents — accounting for 49 percent of all Internet users (down from about 50 percent in 2017 and up from about 48 percent mid-2018). Europe is a runner up with 16.8 percent of all Internet users.China has the most Internet users of all countries. At over 802 million Internet users at the time of writing this, China currently accounts for almost 20 percent of Internet users worldwide. It is trailed by India, with over 500 million Internet users.The number of people using the Internet in China is more than double the population of the U.S. and more than the combined population of the U.S., Japan, Russia, and Mexico.98 percent of Internet users in China are mobile.Iceland is the country with the highest Internet penetration in the world — with an impressive 100 percent of its citizens using the Internet.The Internet influenced retail sales to the tune of $2.84 trillion in 2018 and is expected to influence retail sales to the tune of $3.45 trillion in 2019.With a $205 billion, Internet ad spend compared to a TV ad spend of $192 billion, global Internet advertising spends exceeded TV advertising spend for the very first time in 2017.An estimated 1.92 billion people are expected to purchase something online in 2019.80 percent of Internet users in the U.S. are expected to make a purchase online in 2019.Over 4 million blog posts are published on the Internet every day.Over 500 million tweets are sent every day.Over 5 billion Google searches are made every day.
Live Website : CLICK HERE

Leave a Comment