FaceApp is a free app that can be downloaded to your device from the AppStore or Google Play. Currently there are 21 fun&free filters in the basic version. The Pro version includes 28 filters that can change your style completely with just one tap.
There are multiple options to manipulate the photo uploaded such as editor options of adding an impression, make-up, smiles, hair colors, hairstyles, glasses, age, or beards. Filters, lens blur, and backgrounds along with overlays, tattoos, and vignettes are also a part of the app. The gender change transformations of FaceApp have attracted particular interest from the LGBT and transgender communities, due to their ability to realistically simulate the appearance of a person as the opposite gender.
A “hot” transformation was available in the app in 2017 supposedly making its users appear more physically attractive, but this was accused of racism for lightening the skin color of black people and making them look more European. The feature was briefly renamed “spark” before being removed. Founder and chief executive Yaroslav Goncharov apologized, describing the situation as “an unfortunate side-effect of the underlying neural network caused by the training set bias, not intended behavior”and announcing that a “complete fix” was being worked on. In August that year, FaceApp once again faced criticism when it featured “ethnicity filters” depicting “White”, “Black”, “Asian”, and “Indian”. The filters were immediately removed from the app
No more hours spent on photoshop! Get magazine cover quality for any selfie with just a few taps! Photo editor powered by FaceApp AI, the most advanced neural portrait editing technology. Improve your photo or just have fun with gender swap, hair styling, and other free & funny features.
Face App Claims the following things
1. FaceApp performs most of the photo processing in the cloud. THey only upload a photo selected by a user for editing. We never transfer any other images from the phone to the cloud.
2. They might store an uploaded photo in the cloud. The main reason for that is performance and traffic: They want to make sure that the user doesn’t upload the photo repeatedly for every edit operation. Most images are deleted from their servers within 48 hours from the upload date.
3. They accept requests from users for removing all their data from our servers. Their support team is currently overloaded, but these requests have our priority. For the fastest processing, They recommend sending the requests from the FaceApp mobile app using “Settings->Support->Report a bug” with the word “privacy” in the subject line. They are working on the better UI for that.
4. All FaceApp features are available without logging in, and you can log in only from the settings screen. As a result, 99% of users don’t log in; therefore, They don’t have access to any data that could identify a person.
5. They don’t sell or share any user data with any third parties.
6. Even though the core R&D team is located in Russia, the user data is not transferred to Russia.
• Hollywood-ready selfies with the Impression filters
• Change hair color and style
• Apply perfect evening or day makeup
• Find your perfect beard or mustache style
• Add a beautiful smile
• Replace background with a single tap
• Try color filters, lens blur, and numerous other tools
• Swap genders
• Let AI find your best hairstyle and color
• Change your age: try our popular Old & Young filters
• Add amazing tattoos to your face
• Let AI find the best style for you